I was asked that question in an email — but it is more appropriate to answer in a blog — as it will serve more folks who are asking the same question.
The University System is exploring hosting its own, or using a hosted service. We see applications in help desk support, program management, media, and employee training. More to come on that as it develops.
Looking around the public sector landscape, I find:
- Public Libraries – a project management blog
- Georgia State University Library
- Public Journalism Network
- Homeland Security
- David Fletcher’s Government Technoology Weblog
- David Flethcer’s current blog
- Phil Windley, former CIO of Utah
I will fill in more later